Sunday, December 30, 2007

Old Dog, New Tricks

Today is my 40th birthday.

To celebrate this momentous event and also to bring in the New Year, we've journeyed to Sydney.

Last night we spent the evening down at The Rocks and Darling Harbour before heading back to the hotel where me and dad had a nightcap to bring in my birthday.

It's 7.30am here now, I got up extra early to open my cards and gifts. Thanks to everyone from home who got stuff out to me for the big day, it was overwhelming.

I won't bore you by listing all my pressies, but the main one was a flying lesson to be taken at Albury airport.

And, in one hours time, I will be meeting up with my old mate Hed for a surfing lesson at Bondi beach.

Following that we'll be having lunch out at Manly with the folks and then me and the wife are having a big night out in Sydney.

Contrast today's plans with my birthday last year - they're a world apart. Literally.

According to my blog entry one year ago, I spent a soggy day in Rhyl with Weeb as we scoured the towns pubs trying, unsuccessfully, to find somewhere to watch the Everton-Newcastle game.

I would dearly love to be drinking with Weeb today, but here in Sunny Sydney not Rainy Rhyl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pen blwyn hapus i ti, a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i teulu Hammans yn Awstralia, oddi wrth teulu Barker mewn Gogledd Cymru!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pal, all the best for the New Year.