Monday, December 24, 2007

Do They Know It's Christmas?

It's lunchtime on Christmas Eve, the sun is shining and I've been working.

The latter two events may explain why I'm struggling to feel any Christmas spirit.

The calender says it's Christmas, so it must be. I think it's just a much lower key event over here. I can't say I'm too bothered about that, Christmas is over-hyped in the UK. People see it as a nice week or two off work over here and that's about it. Xmas decs go up, presents are exchanged and all that, but on a smaller scale.

I got a great pressie from my new boss - a Leatherman multi-tool. I've owned a Gerber one for a while but always fancied the more compact Leatherman. And now I've got one. Get in!

Fair do's to the guy, I've only been there a week or so. I'm working as a pool technician, repairing and installing swimming pool equipment. It's an interesting job with plenty of variety and I'm enjoying it thus far.

During the break we're taking the folks down to Melbourne, me and dad are going to the cricket at the MCG, and then off to Sydney for my birthday and the New Year.

I was on the phone to my old mate Weeb last night and he was telling me of his xmas plans - the lads are meeting up at two in the arvo, in about nine hours time, in the Swan and getting on it for the day. I wish I could join them for an hour or two's festive drinking.

We'll miss our xmas drink with Caroline and Paul this year in The Crown, Trelawnyd and our xmas day drink with everyone in the Esp.

We'll be thinking of everyone from home and we hope you all have a great, safe xmas.

Have one for us.

No comments: