Thursday, July 17, 2008

The F Word

For the first time in ages I find myself unable to sleep.

I was knackered earlier and turned it in at nine o'clock. I woke up half an hour ago, tried to get back off to sleep, but failed. So, here I am, on the computer. At three in the morning.

Just checked in on the phenomena that is Facebook. More addictive than crack cocaine and nearly as much fun, this website has become our first, and sometimes only, port of call when logging on.

I spend at least an hour a day 'facebooking', and I know I'm not alone. It's global. When Collins publish the next version of their Oxford English Dictionary, don't be surprised if several new entries are based around the 'F' word.

In our house only Lowri seems immune to it's magnetism. The wife and Robyn have become equally as dependant as I, borne out by the fact that you almost have to book a time-slot on our PC these days.

In fact, tonight's sleeplessness has given me the opportunity to 'facebook' in peace.

Perhaps my subconscious woke me entirely for that purpose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get a life!