Friday, November 09, 2007

European Breakfast

It's Friday once again. Everyone's favourite week day.

This weekend we're off to the Celtic Festival down at Beechworth. It's mostly a Scottish/Irish affair but hopefully there'll be some Welsh input too. The wife emailed the organisers earlier this week and they have asked if our eldest daughter, Robyn, would like to sing in Welsh at next years festival. Bendegedig, as they say yn Gymraeg.

Also this weekend our boy travels to Belize in Central America with his battalion for some jungle manoeuvres. He's coping admirably without us around, as we thought and hoped he would. Bon Voyage Champ!

This morning I had the pleasure of watching the Super Blues play in Europe as I ate my cornflakes. I do apologise to readers who haven't the slightest interest in sporting matters for continually banging on about Everton on this blog, but I find it absolutely mind-blowing that I get to watch them 'live' on this side of the planet! On a Friday morning too!

They smashed the krauts two-nil as well, which was nice. Away from home too. I wonder how many Rhylbillies made the trip out to Germany. I would have gone had I been still a resident of Europe. I like Germany - great beer and even better food.

Not to mention the lederhosen.

No comments: