Saturday, September 27, 2008

Big Game Big Screen

We've splashed out on a new telly.

It's a 42" plasma and in Australian terms would be described as being 'schmick' or 'schmicko', which, roughly translated, means it's the dogs bollocks.

I've been stuck in front of it for the last couple of days, only straying from viewing range to go to work and use the toilet. Today is Aussie Rules Grand Final day and we've pledged our attendance at a barbie. I've offered to drive so I won't be drinking, enabling me to remain fully focused to watch tonight's major sporting events on the big screen.

Firstly, Manly take on the NZ Warriors in the rugby league and then the main course - the Merseyside Derby, Everton v. Liverpool.

This time last year we were all excited as we had Austar fitted on the day of the game, but it ended in disappointment as the dirty Reds got the win, ably assisted by the referee.

I wonder who they've got reffing for them this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We (the reds) will probably beat you again no matter who's reffing.
Moyes has been in the paper today
accusing us of being too physical, I don't know which games he's been watching when your team has had 5 red cards in the last 3 years. I'll
be in the esp watching it today,
text me if you want.Love Dad