Monday, July 16, 2007

Thatcher's Millions

Finished work on Friday. So did the wife. Both went on our respective leaving do's.

Wifey went on the beer around Liverpool with her crew while I had a box-standard night out in Sunny Rhyl.

We both had a good time.

We also did really well on the leaving present front amassing some $550 of the Aussie variety. I was also given a boomerang which I managed to lose after an experimental 'throw' down Rhyl High Street. I think it's on the roof of 'Listers' but I can't be sure. It just seemed to vanish mid-flight.

So now, for the first time in our lives, we're both unemployed. Unfortunately though, we can't afford to do any lazing around as we've got an absolute sh1t-load of 'stuff' to do before we jet-off next week. The excitement of going has been well and truly neutralized by the sheer work-load in front of us, coupled with the sadness of saying goodbye to so many people.

It's a weird sensation this 'leaving' business. One that I'd struggle to explain. It's akin to attending your own wake, all these people saying nice things about you, the realisation that you're going to be missed. Quite often in the least expected quarters.

Ah well, life goes on.

4 comments:

jenu said...

Hi Guys,

Wow - this has come so fast, from your email to now!

If anything Albury has probably improved as the town has been bypassed (ie the hume highway no longer runs through the middle of it) making it quieter and probably safer without massive trucks everywhere. If you're in need of 'internetting' while you are settling down - I recommened 'the lan mine' in David St (almost on the main st), I used to work there. I'm in Albury from time to time, so if you wanted to meet for a beer or a coffee (although it sounds like you do drink beer...) then that would be great. We can email or whatever to set something up.

Have fun!

- Jen

Lyndsey said...

i was hit by a boomerang on sat night in rhyl town centre ....was it yours.
Glad you both enjoyed your work leaving parties.
It is a good thing that you are busy and have a 'shit load' of things to do this week as it will stop you from thinking about all the goodbyes you have to say this weekend.
7 more sleeps :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Craig, your old Pl Sgt here. Best of luck to you and yours on your move. I was tickled with the boomerang story!! I reckon you'll all have a great time 'down there'.
I'll email later in the week. I can't have a pint on you at the moment. I'm in Saudi!!!
Bon voyage.
ARTE et MARTE!

John.

Anonymous said...

Interesting perspective about leaving being like attending your own wake. I'd never thought of it like that. It must be bizarre.